Channel Description: Viki is an international streaming video service, similar to Hulu in the U.S., with content subtitled in many different languages. The service offers content from 11 different countries, but Asian programming dominates. Korea is the content leader with China, Taiwan, and Japan also offering good-sized video libraries. Also represented are Canada, the U.K., Indonesia, Malaysia, the U.S., and Venezuala.
Viki currently offers episodes of over 1,000 TV shows, including popular series like Tempted (Korea), The Flame's Daughter (China), Grand Prince (Korea), Radio Romance (Korea), and I Am Not a Robot (Korea). Although Most of Viki's programming consists of TV shows, as of April 2018 the service also offered nearly 300 movies in two dozen genres, including Action & Adventure, Comedy, Korean Drama, Documentary, and Family & Kids. Popular titles included The Last Women Standing (2015 - China), Plump Revolution (2012 - South Korea), and https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4067578/ (2014 - Singapore).
There is a lot of free content on the Viki private (non-certified) Roku channel, but to access the full video library you will need a Viki Pass subscription, which costs $50 for a full year of access.
HOW TO WATCH VIKI ON ROKU
Viki launched a channel in the Roku channel store in 2015, but as of April 2018 that public channel is no longer available. Viki is now available as a "private" or "non-certified" Roku channel. (More information on private/non-certified Roku channels is available in this article.) Here is how to watch the Viki private channel on Roku:
- If you are not already a Viki subscriber, subscribe to Viki here if you want access to the full video library.
- Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone and sign into your Roku account.
- Under Manage account select "Add channel with a code."
- Enter vikiglobaltv and select Add Channel.
- Acknowledge the warning message that appears.
- To immediately view the Viki channel, go to your Roku device and select Settings > System > System update > Check now. If you do not do this, the channel will be added during your Roku device's daily automatic update. Viki will be at the end of the list of channels under your Roku's Home screen of your Roku device.
- If you have subscribed to Viki, launch the Viki channel on your Roku, go to Login on the channel's home screen, and follow the on-screen instructions to link the channel to your Viki account.
CHANNEL ACCESS CODE: vikiglobaltv
Viki Pass Standard - $49.99 billed annually
Viki Pass Plus - $99.99 billed annually
-- Subscribe here --
-- Information is current as of April 17, 2018