Quick Look: The NFL app on Roku provides both free and premium content for fans of pro football. But there are a few changes for the 2021/2022 season. Here is what you'll find this season on the NFL Roku app:
Free NFL Content for Everyone
The NFL's Roku channel is free to add, but most of the content requires that you subscribe to NFL GamePass, Paramount+, or a participating pay TV provider. If you don't subscribe to any of those, the NFL's Roku channel channel is limited to game scores, game highlights, and clips of NFL shows. However, don't let the term "clips" push you away from this app - there is still quite a bit of free content even if it is in small bite. In addition to game highlights, you'll find home page content under Player Highlights, Fantasy Football, Analysis, Hard Knocks, NFL Throwback, Game Theory, Hall of Fame Weekend, and Inspire Change.
If you're only interested in certain teams, select a team from the main menu at the top of the screen. Content categories are team-specific: For the Atlanta Falcons, for example, categories include Features, Mid'd Up, and Sights & Sounds, while Chicago Bears categories include Highlights, Training Camp, Press Conferences, and Inside the Bears.
NFL Game Pass on the NFL Rokuapp
NFL Gamepass lets subscribers watch live out-of-market preseason games, replay every game all season and relive the full broadcast right after the whistle, and with Live Game Audio you can access both the national and the local feeds during the games. If you don't have time for a full replay, you can stream condensed games that are about 45 minutes long. You also have on-demand access to over a dozen NFL Network shows like NFL 360, GameDay Access, and Mic'd Up, and you can stream on-demand from the NFL Films Library.
NFL Gamepass costs $99.99 for a season-long subscription. A 7-day free trial of NFL Game Pass is available through this link. Cancel any time during your trial if you change your mind and don't want to subscribe.
Connect a Pay TV Provider to the NFL Roku App
If you subscribe to a participating pay provider, you'll have access to the NFL Network, live games, and pre-game shows, depending on your pay TV subscription package. Participating providers include many national, regional and local cable TV systems, as well as some streaming services such as FuboTV, Sling TV and Vidgo. To see if your provider allows access on Roku, follow the instructions below on how to install and use the NFL app.
Live NFL on Paramount+ on the NFL Roku App
Subscribers to Paramount+ can watch all games that are broadcast on CBS.
How to install and use the NFL Roku app
- From your Roku's home screen, go to Streaming Channels >> Search Channels and enter "NFL".
- Select "NFL" and then select "Add channel". The NFL channel will now be listed as the last channel on your Roku's home screen.
- To authenticate the channel to allow streaming of locked NFL Game Pass content, launch the NFL channel on your Roku device, select the account icon in the upper right corner of the app's home screen, select "Subscription" from the left-hand menu that will appear, and sign in using your NFL Game Pass account credentials. Get a NFL GamePass 1-week free trial here.
- Paramount+ - For access to NFL games broadcast by CBS, follow the instructions above but select TV Provider from the left-hand menu, then use the option to sign in with Paramount+. Get a Paramount+ 1-week free trial here.
- Pay TV Provider - For access to NFL Network, follow the instructions above but select TV Provider from the left-hand menu, then use the option to sign in with your TV provider credentials. Please note that your pay TV subscription must include the NFL Network in order to stream the NFL network through the NFL Roku app.
-- Information is current as of August 19, 2021
Developer's Channel Description: The NFL channel is the best, pure football channel for any fan. Watch what’s trending across the league or your favorite teams, replay every regular season game with an NFL Game Pass subscription, and catch up with highlights for every game.
CHANNEL STORE CATEGORY: Sports
Channel is free to add and includes a limited number of videos plus schedules and scores.
NFL GamePass is $99.99 with a free 7-day trial when subscribing through this link.
NFL Network requires a subscription to a participating pay TV provider; see article above for details.
RokuGuide.com may receive a referral fee for any purchases or subscriptions made through links on this page. See our full FTC Disclosure Statement for more information.