Quick Look: The NFL channel on Roku provides access to NFL Gamepass, NFL Network, and NFL RedZone for the 2020/2021 NFL season. Those products all require a subscription of one kind or another, but there is also free content available, including free access to NFL Now.
When the channel launches, you'll be prompted to sign in with your pay TV provider, sign into NFL Gamepass, or sign in with CBS All Access. If you just want the free content, you'll also be allowed to skip these logins. Here is what you'll find under all four options:
Free NFL Content on the Roku NFL App
The NFL's Roku channel is free to add, but most of the content requires that you subscribe to NFL Gamepass, CBS All Access, or a participating pay TV provider. If you don't subscribe to any of those, the NFL's Roku channel channel is limited to game scores, game highlights, and clips of NFL shows. Free content includes Game Theory, which are short videos in which NFL Media's Cynthia Frelund makes game predictions, and Move the Sticks, a podcast from NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah and five-year NFL veteran Bucky Brooks. You'll also find longer NFL Explained videos, such as this 16-minute video that looks at how the NFL's rules have evolved throughout the last 100 seasons.
Also available are weekly schedules for upcoming games and results of past games.
NFL Gamepass on the Roku NFL Channel
NFL Gamepass lets subscribers watch full broadcast replays, condensed games that are about 45 minutes long, and the "All-22" coaches films showing every play. NFL Gamepass costs $99.99 for a subscription that lasts through July 31, 2021. A 7-day free trial of NFL Game Pass is available through this link. Cancel any time during your trial if you change your mind and don't want to subscribe.
NFL Network and RedZone on the Roku NFL Channel
NFL Network is the NFL's flagship product, with 7/24/365 broadcasting of NFL news, insight, information, and events. RedZone broadcasts every Sunday afternoon during the NFL season with live coverage of NFL games across the country, including every touchdown from every game.
To stream NFL Network and RedZone on Roku, you need to already have NFL Network access through a participating pay TV provider. Participating providers include some streaming services such as FuboTV and YouTube TV, as well as national and many regional and local cable providers. To see if your provider allows access on Roku, follow the instructions below on how to install and use the NFL channel.
Live NFL on CBS on the Roku NFL Channel
Subscribers to CBS All Access can watch all games that are broadcast by CBS.
How to install and use the NFL channel on Roku
- From your Roku's home screen, go to Streaming Channels >> Search Channels and enter "NFL".
- Select "NFL" and then select "Add channel". The NFL channel will now be listed as the last channel on your Roku's home screen.
- To authenticate the channel to allow streaming of locked content, launch the NFL channel on your Roku device, select "Settings" from the home screen menu, select the account you wish to sign into, and follow the instructions below based on which account(s) you have.
- CBS All Access - For access to NFL games broadcast by CBS, visit www.nfl.com/watch/auth, enter the code shown in the Roku channel on that website, and log into your CBS All Access account. Get a CBS All Access 1-week free trial here.
- Pay TV Provider - For access to NFL Network and RedZone, visit www.nfl.com/watch/auth, enter the code shown in the Roku channel on that website, and select your pay TV provider from the list or use the search box to find it. If your provider is not shown, that means your provider does not allow their customers to watch NFL Network on Roku devices (contact your TV provider for more information). Please note that your pay TV subscription must include the NFL Network in order to stream the NFL network through the Roku NFL channel.
- NFL GamePass - To access NFL GamePass, select "Sign In," visit www.nfl.com/activate/roku, enter the code shown in the Roku channel on that website, and log into your NFL GamePass account. Get a NFL GamePass 1-week free trial here.
-- Information is current as of September 9, 2020
Developer's Channel Description: The NFL channel is the best, pure football channel for any fan. Watch what’s trending with the all-new NFL Now, replay every regular season game with an NFL Game Pass subscription, and catch up with highlights for every game.
CHANNEL STORE CATEGORY: Sports
Channel is free to add and includes a limited number of videos plus schedules and scores.
NFL GamePass is $99.99 with a free 7-day trial when subscribing through this link.
NFL Network and Redzone require a subscription to a participating pay TV provider; see article above for details.
NFL Gamepass Website
RokuGuide.com may receive a referral fee for any purchases or subscriptions made through links on this page. See our full FTC Disclosure Statement for more information.