Roku is adding over two dozen Family, Drama, Action, and Comedy movies on The Roku Channel in November, all available to stream for free. With Thanksgiving arriving soon, Roku is emphasizing family movies to entertain the young ones while adults are watching football. Chicken Run, Babe, and two Doctor Dolittle films should keep their attention. But there is also plenty for the adults to watch, with hit dramas like Wall Street and all five titles from the Lethal Weapon franchise. If you prefer to lighten up with some comedies, don't miss classic movies like There's Something About Mary and Office Space. See the full list of this month's new films on The Roku Channel below.
New Family Movies on The Roku Channel
- Chicken Run – When a cockerel apparently flies into a chicken farm, the chickens see him as an opportunity to escape their evil owners.
- Patch Adams – The true story of a heroic man, Hunter “Patch” Adams, determined to become a medical doctor because he enjoys helping people. He ventured where no doctor had ventured before, using humour and pathos.
- Babe – Babe, a pig raised by sheepdogs on a rural English farm, learns to herd sheep with a little help from Farmer Hoggett.
- Doctor Dolittle (1998) – A doctor discovers that he can communicate with animals.
- Doctor Dolittle 2 – Dolittle must save a forest and a bear’s life.
- The Golden Compass – In a parallel universe, young Lyra Belacqua journeys to the far North to save her best friend and other kidnapped children from terrible experiments by a mysterious organization.
- Beasts of the Southern Wild – Faced with both her hot-tempered father’s fading health and melting ice-caps that flood her ramshackle bayou community and unleash ancient aurochs, six-year-old Hushpuppy must learn the ways of courage and love.
New Drama Movies on The Roku Channel
- Wall Street – A young and impatient stockbroker is willing to do anything to get to the top, including trading on illegal inside information taken through a ruthless and greedy corporate raider who takes the youth under his wing.
- Eat Pray Love – A married woman realizes how unhappy her marriage really is, and that her life needs to go in a different direction. After a painful divorce, she takes off on a round-the-world journey to “find herself”.
- VICE – The story of Dick Cheney, an unassuming bureaucratic Washington insider, who quietly wielded immense power as Vice President to George W. Bush, reshaping the country and the globe in ways that are still felt today.
New Comedy Movies on The Roku Channel
- Sausage Party – A sausage strives to discover the truth about his existence.
- There’s Something About Mary – A man gets a chance to meet up with his dream girl from high school, even though his date with her back then was a complete disaster.
- Here Comes the Boom – A high-school biology teacher looks to become a successful mixed martial arts fighter in an effort to raise money to prevent extracurricular activities from being axed at his cash-strapped school.
- Office Space – Three company workers who hate their jobs decide to rebel against their greedy boss.
- Miss Congeniality – An F.B.I. Agent must go undercover in the Miss United States beauty pageant to prevent a group from bombing the event.
- Miss Congeniality 2: ARMED AND FABULOUS – Gracie Hart abandons the life of a field agent to become the public face of FBI. Yet when Cheryl Frasier and Stan Fields are kidnapped, she is determined to rescue them, along with her reluctant partner.
- Why Did I Get Married Too – Four couples struggle to save their marriages once again on their annual marriage retreat, while each of them battle through financial, physical, mental, and emotional issues.
- The Layover – Two friends on a road trip compete for the affections of a handsome man when their flight is redirected due to a hurricane.
- Playing It Cool – Unrequited love motivates a guy to write about his experiences.
- Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Happy Family – The crazy and comical Mabel Simmons, otherwise known as Madea, tries to wrangle her fighting family together for a family dinner regarding the health of her niece Shirley.
New Action Movies on The Roku Channel
- War of the Worlds (2005) – An alien invasion threatens the future of humanity. The catastrophic nightmare is depicted through the eyes of one American family fighting for survival.
- The Shallows – A mere 200 yards from shore, surfer Nancy is attacked by a great white shark, with her short journey to safety becoming the ultimate contest of wills.
- Lethal Weapon – Two newly paired cops who are complete opposites must put aside their differences in order to catch a gang of drug smugglers.
- Lethal Weapon 2 – Riggs and Murtaugh are on the trail of South African diplomats who are using their immunity to engage in criminal activities.
- Lethal Weapon 3 – Martin Riggs and Roger Murtaugh pursue a former LAPD officer who uses his knowledge of police procedure and policies to steal and sell confiscated guns and ammunition to local street gangs.
- Lethal Weapon 4 – With personal crises and age weighing in on them, LAPD officers Riggs and Murtaugh must contend with deadly Chinese triads that are trying to free their former leaders out of prison and onto American soil.
- Destroyer – A police detective reconnects with people from an undercover assignment in her distant past in order to make peace.
Movie descriptions courtesy of Roku, Inc.