Roku is adding 29 Drama, Action, Romance, and Comedy movies on The Roku Channel in February, along with two TV series, all available to stream for free.
Brad Pitt fans will be happy with this month's new additions. Three of February's new additions star Pitt: Legends of the Fall, a 1994 epic in which three brothers and their father living in the remote wilderness of Montana in the early 1900s are affected by betrayal, history, love, nature, and war; Seven Years in Tibet, a 1997 adventure/drama biography that tells the true story of Heinrich Harrer, an Austrian mountain climber who became friends with the Dalai Lama at the time of China's takeover of Tibet; and Moneyball, a 2011 drama about Oakland A's general manager Billy Beane's successful attempt to assemble a baseball team on a lean budget by employing computer-generated analysis to acquire new players.
See the full list of this month's new films and TV shows on The Roku Channel below.
New Drama Movies on The Roku Channel
- 28 Days – A big-city newspaper columnist is forced to enter a drug and alcohol rehab center after ruining her sister’s wedding and crashing a stolen limousine.
- A League of Their Own – Two sisters join the first female professional baseball league and struggle to help it succeed amid their own growing rivalry.
- Ali – A biography of sports legend Muhammad Ali, focusing on his triumphs and controversies between 1964 and 1974.
- American Hustle – A con man, Irving Rosenfeld, along with his seductive partner Sydney Prosser, is forced to work for a wild F.B.I. Agent, Richie DiMaso, who pushes them into a world of Jersey powerbrokers and the Mafia.
- Internal Affairs – An Internal Affairs agent becomes obsessed with bringing down a cop who has managed to maintain a spotless reputation despite being involved in a web of corruption.
- Moneyball – Oakland A’s general manager Billy Beane’s successful attempt to assemble a baseball team on a lean budget by employing computer-generated analysis to acquire new players.
- Money Master – Financial TV host Lee Gates and his producer Patty are put in an extreme situation when an irate investor takes them and their crew as hostage.
- Obsessed – A successful asset manager, who has just received a huge promotion, is blissfully happy in his career and in his marriage. But when a temp worker starts stalking him, all the things he’s worked so hard for are placed in jeopardy.
- Pain and Glory – A film director reflects on the choices he’s made in life as the past and present come crashing down around him.
- Roman J. Israel Esq. – Roman J. Israel, Esq., a driven, idealistic defense attorney, finds himself in a tumultuous series of events that lead to a crisis and the necessity for extreme action.
- Scenic Route – Tensions rise between lifelong friends Mitchell and Carter after their truck breaks down on an isolated desert road as they start to attack each other’s life decisions with unwavering brutality.
- Silverado – A misfit bunch of friends comes together to right the injustices which exist in a small town.
- The Lovely Bones – Centers on a young girl who has been murdered and watches over her family – and her killer – from purgatory. She must weigh her desire for vengeance against her desire for her family to heal.
- The Visit – Two siblings become increasingly frightened by their grandparents’ disturbing behavior while visiting them on vacation.
- Where Hands Touch – A rites of passage story of a bi-racial teen struggling for survival in Nazi Germany.
New Action Movies on The Roku Channel
- Criminal – In a last-ditch effort to stop a diabolical plot, a dead CIA operative’s memories, secrets, and skills are implanted into a death-row inmate in hopes that he will complete the operative’s mission.
- Dawn of the Dead – A nurse, a policeman, a young married couple, a salesman and other survivors of a worldwide plague that is producing aggressive, flesh-eating zombies, take refuge in a mega Midwestern shopping mall.
- Freelancers – The son of a slain NYPD officer joins the force, where he falls in with his father’s former partner and a team of rogue cops.
- The Hurt Locker – During the Iraq War, a Sergeant recently assigned to an army bomb squad is put at odds with his squad mates due to his maverick way of handling his work.
- Seven Years in Tibet – True story of Heinrich Harrer, an Austrian mountain climber who became friends with the Dalai Lama at the time of China’s takeover of Tibet.
New Comedy Movies on The Roku Channel
- The Cable Guy – A designer makes a grievous mistake when he rejects the friendship of a borderline cable guy.
- Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo – Deuce is tricked again into man-whoring by T.J., only in Amsterdam while other man-whores are being murdered in his midst.
- Employee of the Month – A slacker competes with a repeat winner for the “Employee of the Month” title at work, in order to gain the affections of a new female employee.
- First Sunday – Two bungling, petty criminal BFFs try to rob a church, but someone from staff beat them to it. They spend the night with the church staff to get the money.
New Romance Movies on The Roku Channel
- Jumping the Broom – Two very different families converge on Martha’s Vineyard one weekend for a wedding.
- Legends of the Fall – In the early 1900s, three brothers and their father living in the remote wilderness of Montana are affected by betrayal, history, love, nature, and war.
- Poetic Justice – Grieving hairdresser, Justice, goes on a road trip from South Central L.A. to Oakland on a mail truck alongside her friend and a postal worker which she cannot stand
- Pride – U.K. gay activists work to help miners during their lengthy strike of the National Union of Mineworkers in the summer of 1984.
- Punch-Drunk Love – Socially frustrated Barry Egan calls a phone-sex line to curb his loneliness. Little does he know it will land him in deep trouble and will jeopardize his burgeoning romance with the mysterious Lena.
New TV Series on The Roku Channel
- Meet Me in Paris (Coming Soon) – Three real women travel to Paris to find love in a first-of-its-kind reality rom-com.
- Walker Texas Ranger – Walker and his partner Trivette are Texas Rangers. They make it their business to battle crime in Dallas and all around the Great State of Texas.
Movie and TV show descriptions are courtesy of Roku, Inc.