Quick Look: Before it came to Roku XUMO was an app for smart TVs that streamed "content from digital networks, presented just like the channels on your TV and mobile devices." On Roku, XUMO offers video on demand instead of live streams. Rather than being presented like channels, you choose from the categories listed below, then choose the content network, then you select an individual video.
The XUMO channel's Roku Channel Store description also promises "LIVE, on-demand and full-length films for free." However, XUMO does not offer any full-length films as claimed. The video clips come from many popular magazine websites and standalone Roku channels, and are available in the following categories:
- Recommended For You
- Popular this Week
- Pokemon Go
- Entertainment - People, Buzz Feed, Buzz60, Vanity Fair, PBS Digital Studios, A.V. Club, Fandor, PopSugar, 360 Tunebox and Machinima
- News - Time, Newsy, Wired, EUER, Bloomberg Politics, Reuters, WSJTECH, Newstation and TYT
- Lifestyle - AWESOME People, Southern Living, bon appetit, WSJ LIFE, Saveur, The Scene, Cooking Light and Somos mitu
- Fashion - ELLE, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, GQ, Vogue, Fashion Box
- Comedy - Fail Army, The Pet Collective, The Onion, mitu and Just for Laughs
- Sports - Sports Illustrated, Golf Digest, Golf, Field & Stream, network.com
-- Information is current as of July 29, 2016
Developer's Channel Description: Stream LIVE, on-demand and full-length films for free on XUMO. Enjoy nearly 90 of your favorite television and digital channels for free. Sit back and enjoy full-length movies along with nearly 90 of the most popular channels spanning Comedy, Entertainment, Cooking, Sports and News genres.
CHANNEL STORE CATEGORY: Web Video
DEVELOPER: Xumo LLC