Quick Look: Viceland is A&E Networks' replacement for HISTORY spin-off H2. Looking to appeal to a younger audience, A&E Networks has dumped shows like "How the States Got Their Shapes," "Modern Marvels," and "America Unearthed," replacing them with less-cerebral shows that include "F..., That's Delicious," "Weediquette," "Balls Deep," and "Gaycation."
This is a TV Anywhere channel, offering on-demand content as an added bonus to those who already get the live channel by subscribing to a participating cable or satellite TV provider. If you aren't such a subscriber, there are currently 14 videos available to watch without a cable account, which will give you a basic idea of what you can expect to find. Below is a list of the shows currently available:
- Ball's Deep - To find out what humanity’s deal is, Thomas Morton hangs out with different groups of people and gives their lives a try.
- F*CK, That's Delicious - The life and eating habits of rap's greatest bon vivant, Action Bronson.
- FlopHouse - Most comedians are broke, and a lot of them are broke in the same houses. Filmmaker Lance Bangs documents this network of couches and the stand-ups that crash on them.
- Gaycation - Ellen Page and her best friend, Ian Daniel, set off on a personal journey to explore LGBTQ cultures around the world.
- Huang's World - Eddie Huang went to law school, got hired, got fired, told jokes, sold weed, did molly, opened a restaurant, wrote a New York Times bestseller, and now he’s here.
- Noisy - A first-hand look into the cultures and artists behind some of the world’s most compelling music scenes.
There are several other shows available on the live cable stream. To see a complete list of available programming and show times click here.
Viceland is also available in live format, with the last three days of programming available as video-on-demand, through the Sling TV basic Best of Live TV package.
-- Information is current as of March 22, 2016
Developer's Channel Description: VICELAND. It’s a TV channel by VICE. We’re here for music, food, technology, sexuality, fashion, film, and all the other things that make up life. Led by Oscar-winner Spike Jonze, the channel comprises people and voices that explore the human condition right now, everywhere. Watch select free episodes, or log-in with your cable provider to access all the VICELAND shows, like: Weediquette with Krishna Andavolu, Gaycation with Ellen Page, F*ck That’s Delicious with Action Bronson, Noisey with Zach Goldbaum and Balls Deep with Thomas Morton.
CHANNEL STORE CATEGORY: Movies & TV
DEVELOPER: VICE Media
FEES: None, does require a cable provider to receive full channel benefits