Quick Look: Rutgers University Television Network (RU-tv), according to their website, "offers a wide range of educational, news, public affairs, entertainment, and commercial programming, including eight channels of student-produced programs and more than 100 cable channels." In addition to a live stream of RU-tv Channel 8, the Roku channel provides video-on-demand access to the following student-produced programs (descriptions from the RU-tv website):
- Academic Reviews
- University Commencement
- At The Podium - "Take advantage of full-length lectures by well-known visiting speakers and Rutgers faculty."
- Special Programs - "Offer a mix of special campus events, entertainment and cultural programs, lectures, and academic tutorials."
- Public Service Messages - "Learn about campus activities, health and wellness programs, and other opportunities for students."
- Inside Rutgers - "Gives an informative glimpse of campus life, highlighting student interests and concerns and events."
- SportsKnight - "Provides a comprehensive look at the world of Rutgers sports. Get the latest news on all Scarlet Knights sports and athletic clubs on campus."
- Wake Up Rutgers - "RU-tv’s early-morning show gives viewers a look at what's happening at Rutgers. The show is live every Monday and Thursday morning at 9 a.m. and replays until 12:30 p.m."
- Pass the Popcorn - "Get reviews and previews for Rutgers monthly movie features."
- RUSA Student Debate
-- Information is current as of March 1, 2013
Developer's Channel Description: The Rutgers Channel features a mix of educational, informational, and entertainment programming, much of which is produced by the students, faculty, and staff of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
DEVELOPER: TelVue Corporation