Quick Look: Regardless of how you feel about Paula Deen, she's not going away anytime soon, and just to ensure that, she is now on Roku.The difference is in this addition she has 7 free videos for you to watch to try to entice you to pay $4.99/month for her channel. The content is identical to her subscription based channel.
The Paula Deen Network has put together a collection of Paula Deen cooking and lifestyle videos. The main focus is on Paula in the kitchen with friends and family whipping up that Southern Cooking she is famous for. The channel also offers some behind the scenes videos that show Paula outside the kitchen and away from the studio audience.
The channel basic channel is free but to view all of the available content the subscription rate is $4.99/ month, with new content added as it becomes available. The following Paula Deen shows are available:
- Deen Family Table - Join Paula and the family as they share some traditional recipes and some new favorites including desserts, main dishes, drinks, appetizers and sides.
- One Pot Paula - Videos on creating Paula's one-pot dishes including soups, fish and chicken
- 5 and Dime - Join Paula as she creates meals with 5 ingredients and prepared in 10 minutes or less in front of a studio audience
- Lightning Fast - Watch Paula and friends as they create quick and easy to prepare recipes and share stories
- Good and Good for You - Watch Paula and her sons Jamie and Bobby as they face off in front of a studio audience and judging panel to create dishes using the same main ingredient. The dishes are designed to be healthy, delicious and easy to make.
- Paula's Potluck - Learn to make mouth-watering dishes that travel well and are great for family get-togethers, tailgates and parties.
- Paula's World - Go behind the scenes and watch Paula outside the kitchen as she goes about her everyday life
- Quick and Easy - Learn how to make some tasty dishes like Salsa Chicken Salad, Fried Ham Poppers or 5-minute Fudge
- Paula's Home Cooking - Join Paula in her home kitchen as she creates some original tasty dishes like Southern side dishes, game day snacks, and special event meals
- Quick Cooking Classes - Learn cooking techniques and time saving tips from the Deens. Tips include frying, freezing and cooking veggies, breakfasts, and desserts.
-- Information is current as of April 20, 2015
Developer's Channel Description: The Paula Deen Channel is your instant access to Paula Deen’s new and hilarious cooking and lifestyle shows. Paula and her sons, Jamie and Bobby, will cook up their delicious southern recipes and help you with hints and tips that make meal planning simple, affordable and easy. You’ll get to see and experience Paula like never before…both in and out of the kitchen.
So kick back, or put on your apron and cook along with Paula and the family and discover a new kind of cooking show….where love, laughter, family and great food are always at your fingertips.
It’s the heart of home cooking, y’all.
CHANNEL STORE CATEGORY: Food
FEES: Some content is free, but full access requires $4.99 monthly subscription