Quick Look: Paramount+, previously known as CBS All Access, is an on-demand video streaming service from ViacomCBS, whose brands include CBS, CBS News, CBS Sports, BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures, Showtime and the Smithsonian Channel. Paramount+ subscribers can watch tens of thousands of TV episodes on demand. Along with original shows like "Star Trek: Picard," "Star Trek: Discovery", and "The Good Fight," you'll find current primetime, daytime, and late night shows and classic series, along with movies, live sporting events, and news. CBS All Access subscribers will find that the CBS All Access Roku app has automatically updated to Paramount Plus.
According to a recent ViacomCBS press release, you can find the following content on Paramount+:
- A massive content catalog of more than 30,000 episodes, 2,500 movie titles and over 1,000 live sporting events, plus around-the-clock news coverage
- Select Paramount Pictures films to stream on Paramount+ following a short theatrical release, including A Quiet Place Part II, PAW PATROL: The Movie and Mission: Impossible 7
- Over 50 original series to premiere on Paramount+ over next two years, including Halo, Frasier, Criminal Minds, iCarly, The Real World, Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies, shows from the Avatar, Yellowstone, Star Trek and SpongeBob SquarePants universes and more
- Paramount+ to feature depth of content across key genres, including 7,000 episodes of kids’ content, 5,000 episodes of reality and 6,000 episodes of comedy
- Marquee sporting leagues and events on the service include the NFL, Masters, PGA TOUR, NCAA, SEC, The PGA Championship, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, National Women’s Soccer League, Concacaf and more
- News offerings available include renowned CBS News programs, new series such as 60 Minutes+, live streams of local affiliates in over 200 markets across the U.S. and the 24-hour streaming news service CBSN
Paramount+ has two plans in the U.S.:
- Essential lets you stream with limited commercial interruptions for $4.99/month or $49.99/year (the Essential plan does NOT include your local live CBS station).
- Premium (formerly Commercial Free - all the benefits remain the same!) lets you watch with no ads for just $9.99/month or $99.99/year (the Premium plan DOES include your local live CBS station, which has commercials, and a few shows include brief promotional interruptions to keep you in the loop on new and upcoming Paramount+ programming).
Both plans include a 7-day free trial.
In addition to Roku, Paramount Plus is also available on Apple TV, Android and iOS devices, Chromecast, Fire TV, Windows 10, and XBOX. You can use one account to access the service across all supported devices.
-- Information is current as of June 7, 2021
Developer's Channel Description: Live Sports. Breaking News. A Mountain of Entertainment! Paramount+ is here! Stream tens of thousands of full episodes on demand from CBS, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, BET, MTV & Smithsonian Channel, plus exclusive originals & live sporting events like UEFA and the NFL. Try it free now.
CHANNEL STORE CATEGORY: Movies & TV
DEVELOPER: CBS Interactive
FEES: Channel is free to add and browse. Clips are free. Full access starts at $4.99/month. Click here for free trial!
Paramount Plus Website