Quick Look: Olympic Channel offers live and on-demand content from the International Olympic Committee. You'll find live events and well as a live feed of the Olympic Channel cable broadcast. On-demand content is currently available in the following categories:
- Celebrating International Women's Day - Titles include "The Story of Women at the Olympic Games," "Meet the top-ranked American B-Girl taking the sport by storm," and "Romania's Nadia Comanici."
- Latest Releases - Find the newest VOD content available on Olympic Channel
- Original Films - Topics include a documentary telling the emotional journey of how the Unified Korean Team came to be; an exploration of the past, present, and future of sports in Cuba; and the inspiring story of how Czeck Republic won gold at the first Olympics to feature professionals from the NFL.
- Original Series - Series include "Far From Home" about unlikely Olympic hopefuls who must overcome financial, cultural, and personal obstacles to qualify for PyeongChang; "Feed The Flame," which offers a first-hand taste of the unusual diets and traditional cuisines of some of the most successful Olympians; and "Foul Play," an award-winning film collection that explores the darker side of the Olympics and sports history.
- Beyond the Rings - Personal stories outside of the sports arean, including "A Game for two," in which Olympic couples tell their love stories, victories, and defeats in competition and life; and "Fashion Behind the Games," which takes a look at Olympic threads through time and the fashion moments that shook the Games.
- Be Inspired - Inspirational stories, like "The Power of One," which tells the powerful stories behind the first and only Olympic medal won by a country.
- Revisit the Games - Videos about past Games and the athletes who participated in them.
- Around the World - How the Olympics impacts locations around world, either through hosting or sending athletes to participate in the games.
- Tokyo 2020 and Beyond - Videos take a look at the upcoming 2020 Winter Olympic Games.
- Return to the Cold - Stories and documentaries about winter Olympic sports and the athletes who participate in them.
Olympic Channel on Roku is a TV Everywhere channel, so you will need to already receive Olympic Channel through a participating pay TV provider to activate the channel. A few videos and trailers are unlocked, but these aren't marked - you will need to try each video to see whether it plays or prompts you to sign in. For more information, see our article "TV Everywhere - Why these Roku channels require a cable TV subscription."
Participating providers include Xfinity, DIRECTV, DISH, AT&T, as well as many local and regional cable TV services. Also providing access are most streaming TV services, including Sling TV, YouTube TV, Hulu Live TV, fuboTV, Playstation Vue, and DIRECTV NOW. Visit activate.olympicchannel.com to activate the channel or to see if your TV provider allows access.
-- Information is current as of March 7, 2019
Roku Channel Store Description: Olympic Channel is giving you access to the greatest movement in sport up close – from every angle. Through all in, all out coverage, original programming, unseen footage and interviews that get you closer than ever before. From sports you’ve never heard of to the ones you love already. We take you outside the stadium, beneath the skin, and inside the mind of the athletes. These are the remarkable, human stories behind remarkable, human feats.
CHANNEL STORE CATEGORY: Sports
DEVELOPER: Olympic Channel