Quick Look: Magnolia is the Roku home of Magnolia Network, launched by "Fixer Upper" hosts Chip and Joanna Gaines. Prior to the launch of this dedicated app, Magnolia content has been available on Discovery+ and will reportedly remain on both apps until the cable channel launches in January 2022, when it will replace Discovery's DIY Network.
On the Roku Magnolia app you'll find more than three dozen Home & Design and Food & Garden shows, although some of these have only a trailer available as they have not yet premiered. Active shows with current and past episodes include the following:
- The Artisan's Kitchen - Bryan Ford is a professional baker, flour authority and lover of all things food. He teaches how to make remixed classics and introduces recipes infused with his Honduran heritage and his childhood in New Orleans.
- The Cabin Chronicles - This series explores the architecture, design and human connection behind beautiful cabins and their surrounding landscapes.
- Fixer Upper - In the show that started it all, design and remodeling pros Chip and Joanna Gaines convince homebuyers to buy the worst house on the block and make it beautiful. They then help transform the diamond in the rough into the home of their client's dreams.
- Fixer Upper: Welcome Home - Chip and Jo are back with new ideas for turning outdated homes into jaw-dropping, innovative living spaces. Having expanded their business (and their family), the Gaineses now juggle more while renovating, which keeps things unpredictable.
- Magnolia Table with Joanna Gaines - Infused with her warmth and passion for all things family, Joanna Gaines spends time in the kitchen sharing her favorite recipes, where they come from and why she finds herself returning to them time and time again.
- Restoration Road - Carpenter Clint Harp hits the road in search of incredible historical structures across America that are in need of restoration while exploring their origins and dreaming of their futures.
The Magnolia app on Roku does not provide any free content and you cannot browse the video library until you've signed in using your Discovery+ account. However, you can browse all content on the Magnolia Network Website. You will also find some short clips and show trailers on the Magnolia Network YouTube channel. A promotional video for the Magnolia Network can be streamed below.
-- Information is current as of July 28, 2021
Developer's Channel Description: The new Magnolia channel is a first-of-its-kind, immersive digital home for all things Magnolia, including Magnolia Network original shows, iconic series, and video workshops—all curated by Chip & Joanna Gaines. Sign in and start streaming with a discovery+ subscription.
CHANNEL STORE CATEGORY: Movies & TV
DEVELOPER: Discovery Communications, LLC
FEES: Requires subscription to Discovery+