Quick Look: Hitch presents five films from "the Master of Suspense," English film director and producer Alfred Hitchcock:
- Blackmail (1929) - Alice White, the sweetheart of London detective Frank Webber, murders in self-defense an artist who brutally attempts to seduce her in his studio. She escapes and returns home.
- Psycho (1960) - A Phoenix secretary embezzles forty thousand dollars from her employer's client, goes on the run, and checks into a remote motel run by a young man under the domination of his mother.
- Dial M for Murder (1954) - A tennis player tries to arrange his wife's murder after learning of her affair.
- The 39 Steps (1935) - A witty suspense thriller in which an innocent man who accidentally finds himself drawn into a dangerous international spy operation, and must try to convince a suspicious woman that he is not a criminal.
- The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934) - An ordinary British couple vacationing in Switzerland suddenly find themselves embroiled in a case of international intrigue when their daughter is kidnapped by spies plotting a political assassination.
Although the Roku channel store description describes these films as "The Essential Alfred Hitchcock's collection," the channel is missing several films that most would agree should be part of an essential collection of Hitchcock films, such as Vertigo, North by Northwest, and The Birds.
-- Information is current as of June 23, 2020
Roku Channel Store Description: The Essential Alfred Hitchcock's collection
CHANNEL STORE CATEGORY: Movies & TV