Quick Look: Hearts is a 4-player card game where the object is to score as few points as possible each round. In this Roku version of the game, however, only one human can play. The Roku game starts out with the option of playing either the challenge mode, where you try to get the lowest score over 5 rounds, or classic, where you play the "Quick Game" or you choose your virtual opponents: The Rabbit, The Hatter, Alice, The Cat, The Hare and The Queen.
Once you have decided on the game version the game begins:
- All players are dealt 13 cards, 3 of which you choose to pass on to your opponent on the left.
- The 2 of clubs leads the hand with all players following suit if they can (Points can not be played)
- Hearts can not be played as a first card until the suit has been broken (played in a previous hand)
- Taking a hand with a Heart in it will result in 1 point
- Taking a hand with the Queen of Spades will result in 13 points
- Taking a hand without either a Heart or Queen of Spades results in No points
- Taking all the Hearts and the Queen of Spades (Shooting the Moon) will result in all of your opponents receiving 26 points and you none
The game is over when a player reaches 100 points or 5 rounds have been completed; lowest score wins.
As you play you will be awarded trophies for certain accomplishments, including number of games played, number of empty hands, winning the most rounds, or being the first to score points at the beginning of the round.
-- Information is current as of August 14, 2020
Roku Channel Store Description: Play the Classic Game of hearts on your TV!
CHANNEL STORE CATEGORY: Games
DEVELOPER: PlayWorks Digital LTD