Quick Look: Disney+ is a streaming video service featuring ad-free content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and Nat Geo. The channel includes classic Disney favorites such as "The Lady and the Tramp," "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves," "Fantasia," and "Pinocchio," along with more-recent hits like "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Alice Through the Looking Glass." Pixar titles include hits like Toy Story (1 through 3) and Finding Nemo, while Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic include their own libraries of popular movies and shows.
On the Disney+ channel's home page, you'll find links to content from all five properties, along with several content categories that include Originals, Hit Movies, Animals and Nature, Inspired by True Stories, Beasts and Monsters, Nostalgic Movies, Disney Junior Series, and Documentaries. If you're looking for vintage material, be sure to look at the 'Mickey Mouse through the Years' category, which includes such classics as the 1928 short film "Steamboat Willie." If you just want to see classic Disney films, you'll find 15 of them under 'Out of the Vault," which includes "Dumbo," "Bambi," and the favorites listed at the top of this article.
Additional features of Disney+ include the following:
- Unlimited and unending access to classic movies and past seasons of your favorite series
- Exclusive new original productions from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and Nat Geo
- Unlimited downloads on up to 10 devices
- Simultaneous streaming on up to 4 different devices
- Select titles available in 4K UHD and HDR
- Dedicated Kids Profiles
In addition to Roku devices and Roku TVs, Disney+ is available on web browsers, iOS, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Android, Android TV, PlayStation 4, Sony TV, XBOX One, Amazon Fire TV, and Samsung and LG devices. Disney+ is currently available in the US, Canada, and the Netherlands, and will be available in Australia and New Zealand starting November 19th. Disney has also confirmed that it will launch in the UK, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain on March 31, 2020.
How to Watch Disney+ on Roku
- Subscribe to Disney+ here.
- Look for a validation email sent to your email address. You will need to verify your email address to activate your Disney+ account.
- Install the Disney+ channel on your Roku: Go to your Roku's home screen, select Streaming Channels > Search, and search on the term Disney. Select Disney+ from the search results, then select Add channel. The Disney+ channel will be added to the bottom of the channels shown on your Roku home screen.
- Open the Disney+ channel, select Log In from the splash screen, and sign in with the email address and password you used to create a Disney+ account.
-- Information is current as of June 17, 2020
Roku Channel Store Description: Only Disney+ gives you endless access to your favorite movies and TV series from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. From The Lion King, to all-new Originals like The Mandalorian, there's something exciting for everyone. You'll also get access to new movies, complete TV series, shorts, and documentaries. Best of all, Disney+ is ad-free.
CHANNEL STORE CATEGORY: Movies & TV
DEVELOPER: Disney Electronic Content, Inc.
FEES: $6.99/month or $69.99/year. A bundle consisting of Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ is also available for $12.99/month. Subscribe here.
RokuGuide.com may receive a referral fee for any purchases made through links on this page. Referral fees are used to offset the cost of operating this website, but do not influence our reviews or impact our opinions on a product.