Quick Look: Chowhound offers more than the usual cooking channel that just shows you how to prepare certain dishes. This channel covers all things food, from the history of a popular dish to food items found in the Smithsonian. Of course you will still find plenty of unique and easy-to-follow meal recipes and drink concoctions to try at home, as well as learn a little bit about the history of food as you go.
The channel contains seven categories of content:
- Eat - 100 videos that include recipes such as Pulled Pork Sliders, Artichoke Garlic Cheese Dip and Slow Cooker Beef Chili
- Drink - 25 different drink concoctions including the Moscow Mule, the classic Martini, and the Harvey Wallbanger
- Explore - 40 videos discussing the origins and history of your food
- Culture - Food experts discuss their passions whether it be cheese, sake or bread
- Tips - 100 tips to help you become more efficient in the kitchen including Holiday food preparation, cleaning your cooking appliances and Food storage
- News - Discussions about food and the chefs behind it
- Holidays - 78 videos to help you through the holidays featuring easy to follow recipes, preparation tips and the history of a few holiday staples.
Unfortunately, at the time of our review, the most recent videos are timestamped from nearly a year ago, but the videos are still relevant and useful. More recent videos can be found on the Chowhound YouTube channel.
An example of the videos available on the Chowhound Roku channel is shown below.
-- Information is current as of August 25, 2020
Developer's Channel Description: Chowhound is a place to discover new recipes and food hobbies and to pursue existing passions of cooking, eating, and enjoying food and beverages.
CHANNEL STORE CATEGORY: Food & Home