Quick Look: A Kids Class About is an educational channel for older children with an aim to steer them in a positive direction and help them achieve success. The videos are led by leading professionals who are looking out for our children's future. The following classes are currently available (descriptions courtesy of akidsco.com).
- Discovering Your Passion - Whether it’s writing, gaming, engineering, or music, we all have a passion for something. Sometimes it takes a little discovering to know what your passion is, which is what former Nike creative catalyst and NBA trainer Kevin Carroll will help you identify. This class will not only teach you how to turn your passions into real life manifestations, but also how to fuel your ambitions.
- Being a Musician - Have a musical ear? In this class taught by professional Soul & Gospel singer Liz Vice, you’ll learn what it’s like to be a musician: how melodies are created and formed into demo projects, how to work with producers, how to earn money from playing music publicly, and how to transform your life stories into albums.
- Mental Health - Taking care of your mental health is essential. In this class taught by award-winning mental health speaker and trainer, Ross Szabo, you’ll learn how to differentiate between typical emotions and mental illnesses, useful ways to handle your emotions, and strategies for developing good habits for your mind.
- Living with Authenticity - What does it mean to live with authenticity, especially in the age of social media? Stand-up comedian and YouTuber JJ Barrows answers just that. This class invites you to explore how fear of rejection affects our individual perceptions, how vulnerability improves our confidence, and whose opinion really matters at the end of the day.
- Being an Entrepreneur - Starting a business can be a challenge, but there are ways to make things easier. This class, taught by start-up entrepreneur Paige Hendrix Buckner, provides a comprehensive overview of the skills and qualities you'll need to sustain your business and give it the attention it deserves. You'll learn valuable skills that will help you start your own business, improve customer experience, and earn more money."
Each video provides a brief synopsis of the video's content as well as a brief trailer that can be watched without a subscription. You can browse all of the available titles without a subscription. There is additional programming coming soon, which includes the shows "Embracing Courage with George Baker III", "Optimism with Jessi Duley", "The Changing World with Orion Jean & Daphne Frias", "Social Justice with Jordan Thierry".
-- Information is current as of September 9, 2021
Developer's Channel Description: SPARK YOUR KIDS' FUTURE.: Incredible classes designed for kids 10-15, where they can discover careers, learn life skills, and explore big ideas. AUTHENTIC TEACHERS: Our teachers are diverse and inspiring individuals who teach from their own experience and perspective, breaking down challenging, empowering, and important topics.
CHANNEL STORE CATEGORY: Educational
DEVELOPER: A Kids Book About, Inc.
FEES: $19.99/month with a 14-day free trial