Quick Look: Christmas At The Drive-In offers a selection of ten holiday-themed (some questionably so) videos:
- Blood Freak (1972) - A movie about a biker who gets turned into a giant turkey monster who goes after drug dealers. I admittedly have not seen the film, but the Christmas connection sounds sketchy to me (isn't a giant turkey monster more appropriate for a Thanksgiving channel?).
- Carving Magic - A 1950's film from Swift and Company instucting viewers on how to carve meat.
- Blackadder's Christmas Carol (1988) - Pleasant Ebenezer Blackadder is turned into a cruel and witty miser after seeing visions of his ancestors and descendants.
- Dragnet - An episode of the classic TV series in which Friday and Gannon investigate the theft of a stature of the baby Jesus from a nativity scene on Christmas Eve.
- Westinghouse Studio One: A Christmas Carol - A 1949 television special, narrated by Vincent Price, in which the Charles Dickens store was told in a half hour show.
- Christmas Comes to PacLand (1982) - Pac-Man helps Santa Claus continue his delivery mission after a terrible crash landing on Christmas Eve.
- He-Man and She-Ra: A Christmas Special (1985) (1985) - He-Man and She-Ra join together to stop Horde Prime from ruining Christmas for some Earth children stranded on Eternia.
- Kristmas With A K! = A cult and horror Christmas-themed show.
- Santa Claus Conquers The Martians (1964) - Martians kidnap Santa to put an end to their children's obsession with Christmas, which they see on television.
- Silent Night, Bloody Night (1972) - A man inherits a mansion, which once was a mental home. He visits the place and begins to investigate some crimes that happened in old times, scaring the people living in the region.
Okay, they aren't cheery holiday family films, and many of them can be found on YouTube for free. So what - this is a fun and eclectic collection of videos, and for only a buck you can spend an evening watching content you likely wouldn't have sought out on your own.
Looking for more holiday entertainment? Click here for a list of all Roku Christmas channels.
-- Information is current as of November 15, 2013
Developer's Channel Description: Over 8 hours of horror & drive-in holiday material NO commercials Blood Freak, Blackadder & Vincent Price Christmas Carol, Dragnet, PacMan, He-Man, Lobo Parliamentary, Santa Claus Conquers The Martians, Silent Night Bloody Night, & More
CHANNEL STORE CATEGORY: Movies & TV
FEES: $0.99 one-time purchase through the Roku Channel Store
RELATED LINKS: None