Quick Look: YouTube TV is a live TV streaming service that gives subscribers access to more than 85 channels of entertainment, news, live sports, & more, including ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, AMC, ESPN, CNN, NFL Sports, and HGTV, for $64.99 per month. (Channels vary by location and not all channels are available in all areas.) To see which channels are available in your market, visit tv.youtube.com and enter your zip code.
YouTube TV also provides unlimited cloud DVR storage, and you can stream simultaneously on three devices while creating personalized watch recommendations and live programming guides for up to six family members.
How to get YouTube TV on Roku
Here is how to get YouTube TV on you Roku device:
Start a Free Trial of YouTube TV
- Visit tv.youtube.com and click on the "TRY IT FREE" button.
- Sign in to your Google account (if you don't have a Google account, you will need to create one).
- Let Google know your location (necessary to allow YouTube TV to identify your local TV stations).
- Review the list of channels available in your area and select premium add-ons, if desired.
- Add or confirm a payment method (you won't be billed if you cancel before the end of your free trial).
Link your Roku device to your YouTube TV account
- Launch the YouTube TV Roku channel and select "already a member" from the home screen.
- Visit tv.youtube.com/activate from a computer or mobile device, sign into your Google account, and enter the code shown on the Roku channel.
- The Roku channel will automatically log you in after you've gone through the process on the website.
- If the linking code is not accepted, you may have waited too long between generating the code and entering it on the website; return to the Roku channel to generate a new linking code.
-- Information is current as of December 30, 2020
Roku Channel Store Description:
Cable-free live TV. No cable box required -- just your Roku.
• Watch major broadcast and cable networks, including ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, AMC and more, including your local sports & news channels.
• Watch on all your devices, including the big screen.
• Watch on-the-go with your smartphone, tablet, or computer. • Cloud DVR without DVR storage space limits. Each recording will be stored for 9 months.
• 6 YouTube TV accounts per household. Everyone gets their own login, recommendations and DVR.
• No commitment, no contracts; cancel anytime.
• Start your free-trial today.
CHANNEL STORE CATEGORY: Movies & TV
FEES: $69.99/month after free trial; premium channels available for additional monthly fee
YouTube TV Website