Quick Look: VINCON takes the award for the most overpriced channel on Roku. For six dollars a month, you'll get a handful of outdated videos that are available for free on YouTube. Here are some "highlights" of this channel:
- News - The Vincon News category includes a half-dozen videos of news from St. Vincent and the Grenadines, but the most recent is nearly a month old. The videos I watched showed only a narrator reading news stories, with no video or photos of the events that are discussed. There is also a series of videos called "What's in the papers", with the most recent being nearly 2 months old.
- Sports - Eight videos covering sporting events from past years. Some of the videos are labeled 2012 and 2013.
- Heritage - Two videos, one of which is a promotional video for another video.
- Environment - Two more promo videos plus a 5-minute video on a beach cleanup that happened in 2013.
- Film & Documentaries - Actually, only one "documentary" that's presented in 2 parts, and it's a "business interview".
- Argyle International Airport Monthly Updates - Monthly? The only video here is from October 2014.
There are other categories in addition to those above, but all have outdated videos that are likely of limited interest, even to those who are from St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
-- Information is current as of January 6, 2015
Developer's Channel Description: OFF THE GRID MEDIA is a commercial, multi-media entity, providing information about the Caribbean to the world, specifically to the Caribbean diaspora in the particular areas of Heritage, Environment, Sustainable Agriculture and Life (News, Business, Culture, Law, Sport).
CHANNEL STORE CATEGORY: Special Interest
FEES: $5.99 per month subscription through the Roku Channel Store
Off The Grid Media on YouTube