Quick Look: Atmosphere is an audio-optional "ambient" channel designed primarily for businesses to use as an alternative to muting the TV and displaying closed-captioning. Available on Apple TV, Roku, Android TV and Amazon Fire TV, Atmosphere also has a subscription plan for home use and includes the following in-channel feeds:
- Chive TV - Short viral videos
- Happy TV - Funny videos includes "Spooktober isn't for everyone"
- Motiv8 TV - Motivational videos, including a "stuntmen in training" video
- Escape TV - Scenic videos
- Deepsky TV - Videos from outer space and timelapse videos of the night sky
You'll also find four "coming soon" streams, which currently have the following promotional videos"
- Beach Bum TV - Promotional video for upcoming channel featuring beach related activities
- Rare TV - Promotional video for upcoming channel featuring rarities
- Alpine TV - Promotional video for upcoming channel featuring outdoor activities
- Shugazing TV - A minute-long promotional video of amazing clips followed by commercials
The Atmosphere Roku channel provides no content without signing in. You'll need to sign up on their website (name, email address, birth date, and gender required) where you can select from free ad-supported Home or Business packages, or get an ad-free Pro account (see Fees section below). Once this is completed, select the "sign in" option in the Roku channel, go to atmosphere.tv/activate, and enter the code provided. Now you are ready to watch.
-- Information is current as of November 5, 2018
Roku Channel Store Description: It's like shuffle on your favorite music streaming service, but for videos. Atmosphere curates thousands of the freshest, most viral videos and delivers you the very best to enjoy. Choose from a variety of family-friendly channels including the award-winning Chive TV, Happy TV (with its hundreds of engaging and feel-good videos), Motiv8 TV (featuring the athletes performing at their best… and worst), and more. And sound is optional - Atmosphere works just as well at home as it does in a business like a bar, restaurant, or gym.
CHANNEL STORE CATEGORY: Web Video
DEVELOPER: Chive Media Group, LLC
RELATED LINKS: None