RokuGuide Channel Description: E/V Nautilus is a 211-foot research vessel that explored the Black Sea, Aegean Sea and Mediterranean Sea off the coasts of Turkey and Cyprus during July and August 2012. Sponsored by the National Geographic Society, Nautilus operations were conducted by the Institute for Exploration based at the Mystic Aquarium in Connecticut. Live video from the 2012 expedition was broadcast on the web. The 2012 expedition has ended, but the Nautilus Live Roku channel still offers video captured during Nautilus operations, which investigated geological, biological, archaeological and chemical features to depths of approximately 2000 meters.
The following video on demand categories are featured on this channel:
- News Updates - Near-daily broadcasts of exploration highlights from July 9 through August 24, 2012.
- Dive Highlights - Nearly three dozen short videos of deep sea observations of various shipwrecks and sealife.
- Leg Summaries - Summaries of the expedition.
- Behind the Science - Videos explaining topics such as how ROVs are recovered, how shipwrecks are dated, and the operation of side-scan sonar.
- Meet the Team - Backgrounds on four of the exploration team members.