RokuGuide Quick Look: Feeln, formerly known as SpiritClips, brings family friendly entertainment to your Roku. The channel still has all the great movies, documentaries and film shorts you have come to love, the only change is the name and some basic formatting. The channel also still offers Hallmark Hall of Fame movies, and if you are already a member you still get to enjoy all the great content available.
The channel is separated into several different libraries. The first "library" is Movies. The movies are separated into several genres with a little bit of overlap amongst them. Each genre has approximately 9 movies and are separated into the following:
- New Additions- For the Love of the Game (1999), Ghostbusters(1984), Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)
- Feeln Adventurous-Star Trek VIII(1996), The Karate Kid (1984), The iron Giant (1999)
- Feeln Inspired- Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993), Regarding Henry (1991), Gandhi (1982)
- Feeln Like Laughing- The Gods Must be Crazy (1980), Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986), Click (2006)
- Feeln Romantic- Jerry Maguire(1996). On Golden Pond (1981)
- Feeln Musical- Footloose (1984), Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968)
- Feeln Like a Kid- Free Willy (1993), Black Beauty (1994)
- Academy Award Winners & Nominees- Amelie (2001), Dances With Wolves (1990)
- Hallmark Hall of Fame Movies- The Locket (2002), Breathing Lessons (1994)
- Documentaries- Riding Giants, The Whale (2011),
- Movies A-Z- an alphabetical search of all available moves
The Second library is titled Originals. These are a series of video shorts with most lasting 5 minutes or less. The content ranges from inspirational stories and overcoming obstacles, to animated shorts about "Crazy Fish" and "The Little Frog". The videos are separated out into various genres including:
Our Favorites, Feeln Meaningful, Original Documentaries, Animation Arts, Feeln Historic, Originals for Kids, Feeln Athletic, Originals A-Z
The Next Library is titled Series. Here you will find an abundance of educational videos from providers like PBS, BBC, ITV, and more. The series that are currently available include:
- Baseball- a PBS production features" Documentarian Ken Burns' Emmy-winning retelling of the history of America's national pastime." With almost 3 hours of historical footage available.
- Blue Planet-A BBC Production with footage that was "Filmed over 5 years in 200 spots around the globe, this series captures the remarkable varieties of life cohabitating in our oceans."
- NOVA- watch season 1 of "The Peabody award-winning PBS science program enters its fourth decade of exploring the most amazing phenomena in the galaxy.
- The National Parks- Season 1 of "An in-depth expedition through all the pristine wonders of America's national parks by Emmy winner Ken Burns."
- 24/7 Wild- Watch Season 1 of the highly acclaimed BBC production
- Galapagos- "Travel to the remote islands with remarkably varied wildlife that inspired Charles Darwin to develop his ideas on evolution."
- Orbit: Earth's Extraordinary Journey- Take a trip around the sun to discover how the tilt and movement of the Earth creates seasons, tides, and weather disasters.
- South Pacific- Over 20,000 islands scattered across the planet's largest ocean serve as the home to some of the most diverse forms of life on Earth.
- Life on Fire-"A six-part series on the awesome power of volcanoes and the surprising impact they have on human and animal life."
- Superheros-" From pulp magazines to big-budget movies, super-powered characters have captured the world's imagination for over 75 years."
- Islands on the Edge-" A spotlight on the residents who have learned to live alongside the diverse wildlife of the Hebrides Islands."
- Heartland-" Heartland is the story of Amy Fleming and her family's life rehabilitating horses on a ranch near the Canadian Rockies."
- Inspire Wire-" InspireWire is a human interest news magazine featuring inspiring user-generated videos from all corners of the Internet and in-depth original features."
- Unscripted-" Celebrities tell us their own story in their own words. These icons of stage, screen, politics, music and literature share with us their personal passions and inspirations."
The final Library is for Kids (of all ages). Here you will find an assortment of Feature length Movies, cartoons and educational programming. Titles include Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids (1972), Paddington Bear (1997), Busytown Mysteries (2008), Liberty Kids (2002) and Jack Hanna's Animal Adventures, as well as many more hours of wholesome entertainment.
The Channel offers a 1 week free trial with the option to Unsubscribe any time prior without being charged. You will need to register on their website at Feeln.com. A monthly subscription is $4.99, and yearly is available for $47.99. A valid Credit Card is required for registration. If you are still not sure that you want to register you can peruse the libraries prior to signing up to see what other content is available.
-- Information is current as of September 8, 2014
Developer's Channel Description: Feeln is a new destination for films that take family movie night to a new level - Hollywood blockbusters, award winning films & original short films that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Feeln is also the online home for Hallmark Hall of Fame movies. Free trial: www.Feeln.com
CHANNEL STORE CATEGORY: Kids & Family,Movies & TV
FEES: Monthly Subscription $4.99, Yearly $47.99, 7-day free trial